More Info about prints:
Print orders fulfilled thru my site utilize two types of Kodak paper: Edge and Endura.
Kodak Edge paper is used for glossy and matte finishes and is an exceptional, state-of-the-art silver-halide paper for making direct digital prints from digital files. This paper delivers enhanced color reproduction and state-of-the-art image stability and is optimized to work well in digital imaging systems.
Technical specifications for Kodak Edge paper can be found here.
- Bold, bright colors
- Excellent flesh tone reproduction
- Fine detail in highlights and shadows
- Exceptional sharpness and clarity
- Spectacular print quality with digital exposure
- Excellent image stability (Over 200 years before noticeable fading in the most common home storage conditions, with double the stability of any other non-Kodak silver halide paper).
Kodak Endura is used for lustre and metallic finishes and is a workhorse of a paper, and it's robust. It features soft/smooth flesh-tone reproduction and enhanced highlight and shadow detail. The paper's moderate contrast and pleasing color saturation work well in a variety of photographic applications, from portraits and weddings to commercial shoots. Since its inception, KODAK PROFESSIONAL ENDURA Paper Imaging Emulsion Technology has become Kodak's standard for photographic image output.
Technical specifications for Kodak Supra Endura paper (lustre) can be found here.
Technical specifications for Kodak Professional Endura (metallic) paper can be found here.
- Realistic color saturation and color accuracy
- Vibrant greens, blues, magentas, and reds
- Natural-looking whites
- Neutral tone scale from highlights to shadows
- Consistent print quality from digital printers
- State-of-the-art image longevity (100 years before noticeable fading in typical home display and 200 years dark storage under the most common storage conditions)
- Excellent reproduction of skin tones with neutral flesh reproduction from highlights to shadows
You can chose to print images in one of four finishes: Glossy, Matte, Lustre, or Metallic. Currently the Metallic finish is only available as a specialty finish for some prints sizes however I may be able to print custom sizes on Metallic finish paper myself. Please contact me directly if a particular size is not available thru the site.
Glossy photos are printed on coated paper with a very smooth, shiny reflective surface. Glossy finishes have a high-contrast appearance and look slick to the touch when not under glass. This finish has an excellent dynamic range and color - slightly more "pop" than the matte paper, though less noticeable once framed.
- Photos will have a shiny finish.
- Colors are vibrant.
- Images are crisp and sharp (assuming the original photo was in focus).
- Glossy finish does not produce a textured look when scanned and converted to digital.
Matte finishes have a very smooth, non-glare surface. Matte finishes have a lower-contrast when printed and are often used to enhance the texture of a print.
- Fingerprints and smudges are not as visible.
- Works very well with black-and-white photographs.
- Glare is significantly reduced with matte-finish prints.
Lustre paper is the premier paper most preferred by portrait and wedding photographers and is considered more of a professional-grade paper. Lustre has a slight gloss with a subtle, often pearl-like texture. Lustre paper has a deeper color-saturization than matte, has a higher contrast, and is thicker than consumer paper.
- Fingerprints and smudges are not as visible
- Anti glare
- Pro quality paper
- Great for framing
- Excellent for wedding photos
Metallic paper is extremely durable and produces an almost chrome-like burnished appearance; photographers have described the look as “chrome on paper.” The glossy finish and metallic look of this paper will enable you to create prints with exceptional visual interest and depth. The proprietary laminate layers also increase the durability and tear resistance of the final print, increasing the opportunities for display applications.
- Striking, distinctive, eye-catching metallic look
- Increased color gamut for rich impact and intense blacks to enhance print appeal
- Exceptional sharpness, brightness, and color saturation
- Optimized for digital printing
Fine Art Prints Printed by Me!
In addtion to the prints offered thru my site, signed, Epson paper, Fine Art Giclee, closed-edtion prints are available by contacting me via email or phone. Turn-around is normally 7-10 days. Shipping is not included, but most prints are shipped via USPS priority mail, insured, in a durable shipping tube, ready to mat and frame. Contact me for a quote!
Prints ordered thru the site are printed on Kodak Endura papers and are archival.
All prints sent directly from me are produced on my Epson 7900 stylus pro, using their amazing Ultrachrome HDR inks and either their Premium Luster Paper, or my favorite, Red River Polar Pearl Metallic paper! These are both archival quality, Fine Art prints from the best Medium/Large format inkjet printer on the market. Payment can be made by Credit card or Paypal.
Please call or email if you have any specific questions or would like a quote on something printed in custom sizes, and/or framed. I would love to work with you, and I pay meticulous attention to making the best possible quality prints as do my print vendors utilized on my site.
Michael.email@example.com, or call 406.407.0932
Metal Prints: Prints on Aluminum!
Metal Prints are something new I've been doing recently with increasing popularity. They are an amazing way of displaying photography printed on specially prepared sheet aluminum. The result is unmatched sophistication, saturation, luminance and durability..The prints are infused on to the surface of the polished aluminum, making them archival and so durable, you can even clean them off with normal window cleaner. It is one of my favorite mediums to display some of my B&W images.
If you would like more information and photos on this method of printing, or to order sizes not listed on the website checkout interface, please contact me.